Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3 Average
The Forgotten Attacks are coming – FAQ & Discussion
Zxyqu Offline

RE: The Forgotten Attacks are coming – FAQ
(28-02-2014 07:29 PM)Forgaw Wrote:  Awesome feature, long awaited. Not giving it to the old worlds (= the majority of the playerbase) is an awful failure though.

I believe "old worlds" would include the entirety of the player base...
28-02-2014 07:46 PM
 Search   Quote 
vezm10 Offline
Loves to dig

I do think this new system will have its flaws like punishing front row diggers and not equally strong players that just sit way back farming, it is a beta server. What will be fun to see is wars on a server where every single player has no choice but to have defense and i hope supports.

Important
What about new bases that only have a 1h bubble, there would be no way to build a defense strong enough to save it once we are near center.
28-02-2014 08:39 PM
 Search   Quote 
ffi82 Offline

(28-02-2014 05:46 PM)IMurderYou2 Wrote:  HEAR ME OUT:

I think only Forgotten Bases should attack. That makes it harder for people progressing towards the middle and digging.. while gives people at the back a chance to grow.

this sounds like "people at the back" talking... they shouldn't be encouraged to stay hidden and grow behind.

[Image: GNCENky.png]
want some crap?
28-02-2014 09:57 PM
 Search   Quote 
ferocious Offline

Im actually glad it seems to not be based on counter attacks, otherwise Id be stuck shielding myself when farming. I hope the variations in forgotten attack formations and pvp dont differ too greatly, I would hate to have to leave the empty side of my base undefended to bulk up on countering the pvp targeting my conyard, while random forgotten attacks just loot and shut down the weak side of my base. Also, I want to know weather or not being attacked by forgotten places your base in the same lockdown timers and gives a human enemy time to attack immediately after while base lockdown is still running. Has an interesting appeal to pvp as well by adding a new factor to when an attack should take place...
28-02-2014 10:01 PM
 Search   Quote 
ferocious Offline

Im sorry to say to all the complainers that see this new patch as a stifling effect to speedy digging, that staying back and farming is faster now than digging non stop right from the get go, also with rp farming becoming the norm for most competitive players, not to mention account eating, staying relatively still at first will actually allow you to build up faster in the long run. I like the balancing act devs, keep it up. chadthurston
28-02-2014 10:05 PM
 Search   Quote 
rastaman Offline

(28-02-2014 05:51 PM)OpaSmash Wrote:  Nearly every Alliance who did the endgame go ~70% inaktive / switch to another server..

Sure - you investet a lot of time and money but when there is no enemy left and just ~200 player login daily and ~1000 every 2-3 days - where is the challange? Just playing farmerama and be happy about getting attack by NPC?

Starting form scratch is imo very interesting
Or every alliance who already completed the endgame merged with others active players and are still active.
And it is exactly why it is needed : to bring a new challenge.
Starting from scratch is not that interesting, it's more like spending more money, and more time (which is money too).

(28-02-2014 06:31 PM)EA_TheBlackOne Wrote:  On the other hand I can understand everybody who does no want to get wiped because Forgotten attack his unprepared bases.

Well, one can't be less prepared on an old world than on a brand new world with one level 1 base, without defense.
It's quite the opposite, on old worlds active players are already more than prepared and just waiting for it.
I can't see how 25 level 50 bases is more "unprepared" than 1 level 1 base.
The situation is exactly the same : if you're weak, in the wrong place, you'll get hit.
28-02-2014 10:41 PM
 Search   Quote 
vezm10 Offline
Loves to dig

(28-02-2014 10:05 PM)ferocious Wrote:  Im sorry to say to all the complainers that see this new patch as a stifling effect to speedy digging, that staying back and farming is faster now than digging non stop right from the get go, also with rp farming becoming the norm for most competitive players, not to mention account eating, staying relatively still at first will actually allow you to build up faster in the long run. I like the balancing act devs, keep it up. chadthurston

Staying still at the start middle and end of every server has always let you grow more in the long run, the problem with that is those players are playing for themselves while others push on fighting hard bases, sometimes using 24h on a single base to get the alliance a new tier, those will be the players punished. My point was that the forgotten should send armies based on the threat you are to them, so big forgotten armies hit players with similar armies. Most front row diggers know how hard it is to get POI holders at times, more so in the new eco, now it will be 10x harder. i like the system my only problem is the attacks being based on the forgotten lvls around you, handing POIs over to sister alliances will also be pretty damn hard to do for a number 1 alliance. Great work devs but i feel some tweaks need to be done, i guess thats what beta servers are for haha
28-02-2014 10:43 PM
 Search   Quote 
K4ni4n Away
3rd Order

So... If we have around 10 bases which mean that forgotten attack all base of us at the same time or several bases that was very close it? I was wondering if we're attacked around at least once every 16 hours, does that mean FB will attack the closest bases or entire of it?
28-02-2014 10:55 PM
 Search   Quote 
APSUGRAH Offline
Commonality Burrito

How do we get on the beta>?
28-02-2014 11:34 PM
 Search   Quote 
vezm10 Offline
Loves to dig

(28-02-2014 11:34 PM)APSUGRAH Wrote:  How do we get on the beta>?

it starts like any other world but EA warns you that its in testing
28-02-2014 11:38 PM
 Search   Quote