Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 3 Average
The Tiberium Alliances World Championship approaches!
VitalBullet Offline
Legend

The Tiberium Alliances World Championship approaches!
[Image: facebook_masterbanner.jpg]

Listen up Commanders!

Today marks the beginning of a glorious new war that will wage in but a few short days as we open up a brand new world where the best take on the best. That's right, on Monday 16th December @ 10:00 UTC a new world will open only to those who have proven their might and dedication to the cause and have annihilated the Forgotten Fortresses on their respective worlds. This server will be the home of the first "World Championship" world where existing end-game victors can take wage war amongst one another until the bitter end to be crowned a World Champion Alliance.

Throughout the duration of this event we'll be reporting back to the broader community with the latest happenings on the server. Including stats to let you know how players and alliances are progressing, POI control, key events and when all out war breaks loose, and more.

The question now however is whether or not you can do that again against the might of those whom have overcome similar challenges, and take take the Forgotten Fortress before your rival alliances. Will you reap the spoils of Victory or muster through the turmoil of defeat when the end game lands, and will you claim the prizes waiting at the end? We have a host of various prizes awaiting those who reign at the end, from T-Shirts and Funds to Alliance immortalization within the game. Se below for more details

1st Alliance to destroy the Fortress will get:
  • A CCTA World Championship Server T-Shirt for each alliance member, customized with their username
  • The alliance’s name will be used to name a Point of Interest in the game
  • $100 worth of CCTA Funds per alliance member
  • A Gold enhanced faction emblem on your in-game profile

2nd Alliance to destroy the Fortress will get:
  • A CCTA World Championship Server T-Shirt for each alliance member
  • $50 worth of CCTA Funds per alliance member
  • A Silver enhanced faction emblem on your in-game profile

3rd Alliance to destroy the Fortress will get:
  • A CCTA World Championship Server T-Shirt for each alliance member
  • $25 worth of CCTA Funds per alliance member
  • A Bronze enhanced faction emblem on your in-game profile

Join in on Monday 16th December @ 10:00 UTC and secure your spot on a world like no other, with a new level of challenge, and glory awaiting you at the end. Please note that this server will only hold 5000 players, thus it will be on a first come first served basis.

Good luck!
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 10:46 AM by Fixnow.)
11-12-2013 02:38 PM
 Search   Quote 
tod_extinction Offline

RE: The Tiberium Alliances World Championship approaches!
That is a good idea... I already thought about it before it was anounced.
Nice Prizes and looks like it will be organized well.
Unfortunatelly i didnt kill the fortress yet, so i can not take part Confused

Good luck to everyone Smile
12-12-2013 11:04 AM
 Search   Quote 
Fixnow Offline
Global Community Manager

(12-12-2013 11:04 AM)tod_extinction Wrote:  That is a good idea... I already thought about it before it was anounced.
Nice Prizes and looks like it will be organized well.
Unfortunatelly i didnt kill the fortress yet, so i can not take part Confused

Good luck to everyone Smile

Thats a shame Sad, but I feel that a epic battle will take place!

[Image: MysticalRoccat2.png]
12-12-2013 11:11 AM
 Search   Quote 
draculas_4skin Offline

aside from the 5000 players, is there any other changes in the size of the world?
12-12-2013 11:52 AM
 Search   Quote 
mllekerla Offline

Good Idea this world championship of Crédit Card Smile
12-12-2013 12:10 PM
 Search   Quote 
Fixnow Offline
Global Community Manager

(12-12-2013 11:52 AM)draculas_4skin Wrote:  aside from the 5000 players, is there any other changes in the size of the world?

The World is set to fit 5000 players!

[Image: MysticalRoccat2.png]
12-12-2013 12:16 PM
 Search   Quote 
mightyvodka Offline

(12-12-2013 12:10 PM)mllekerla Wrote:  Good Idea this world championship of Crédit Card Smile

Yeah I agree with you on this; Not sure if I fancy sinking another $500+ into a new world. Exclamation Now if they made the supply crates much lower and based the game on skills NOT just cash this would have made it more interesting. Huh
12-12-2013 12:20 PM
 Search   Quote 
draculas_4skin Offline

(12-12-2013 12:16 PM)EA_Fixnow Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 11:52 AM)draculas_4skin Wrote:  aside from the 5000 players, is there any other changes in the size of the world?

The World is set to fit 5000 players!

yes but is it smaller in diameter, are there less FG bases on the way to the Fortress
12-12-2013 12:21 PM
 Search   Quote 
Forgaw Offline

Hi there !
We've been asking for such a server for ages, but what we had in mind was an old idea by the developpers themselves: A server where we can transfer our bases/account from an existing world after having done the endgame and CONTINUE to play on this new server. There were many ideas about this, like that the forgotten bases will start at level 50 on the rim and 100 in the middle; small alliances on the old servers could then do the endgame, once the big guys left to the endgame server etc.

Please try to understand why we asked for it, we had no more goals but we grew our bases over a long time, invested lot's of money in them (in my case a couple of hundered euros in ~2 years) and were seeking for new challenges and incentives for our virutal "tamagotchis". Giving them up and starting the same game again is something diffrent, it has the appeal of reading a book twice or watching a movie a second time, instead of continuing a story into new depths.

So while I appreciate that you do new things like this (not sure, maybe I'll try this new server on monday, hoping that we won't see the multiaccount-problems, that OpaSmurf described in the german version of this announcement), I really hope that in the longterm you still have that idea of the merged superserver in mind, to give us new challenges for our 2 year old accounts, that we cared about on a daily basis.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 12:32 PM by Forgaw.)
12-12-2013 12:30 PM
 Search   Quote 
Topjurist0 Offline

I do not want to participate at this because I wouldnt have time anyways. But this is just another example for how little thoughts developers make themselves before introducing new stuff.

The only thing an endgame tag proves is that a player did play this game for lets say 4-6 months. In fact the biggest noobs can - if they join by time the rank 1 alliance with the big bonus - become also big and participate endgame. In fact it would be just enough to join the endgame winner alliance a short time before the endgame starts to also get the tag.

What I want to say is: There might be more activity and not hundreds of players leaving the first few days but these players are not really better. Before the poi system is changed at all there is no skill needed. In fact due to the simulator you need only skill in organization of a good defense. Because offense attacks are very easy now.

the only hope: all the big bonus suckers and losers will finally leave the worlds to join this world and then get their big mouths shut because they will not succesfully join the nr.1 alliance for big bonus.
12-12-2013 12:37 PM
 Search   Quote