Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Skystrike and Ion Cannons
Witta1933 Offline

Skystrike and Ion Cannons
I have searched the forum and I still need some clarification on the support artillery mechanics. The description says that support is provided for 1 base while offline, my own base being the default. Since all my deaths have happened while offline this is a concern. If I set support on the base of an allied player does this mean I am not covered? Would there be any reason for 2 players to set support on each other? How many if any bases are covered automatically and when? And finally is there a difference while online?

Thanks in advance for any intelligent advice.
03-06-2013 10:10 PM
 Search   Quote 
rododactilos Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Skystrike and Ion Cannons
The support artillery works offline and online, all the time; no difference. If it's calibrated on your base (it defailts to this unless you manually calibrate it on another base). If you manually calibrate your support on another base and you are attacked, it will defend your base after 30s.
If you have two players (or two of your own bases) calibrated on each other and one is attacked, it will get one support instantly (already calibrated) and one in 30s (own support) regardless of distance. If they are calibrated as default, the attacked base will get one support inmediately (own) and the other some time later depending on the distance between bases (can take minutes if they are far).
The best setup for max effect is calibrate several supports strategically on one base that is almost sure to be attacked (like one guarding a POI, or the first base on the frontline during a war) because the added damage can cause 100% damage (when enough bases with appropiate levels are calibrated) and effectively kill your attacker's army before he reaches the defense.
All friendly (own alliance) nearby bases will start calibrating on one one or several attacked bases when they enter alerted state (that is when they are attacked and take at least 1% defense damage). No limit for the number of bases. The only limit is the distance to the alerted base (varies according to the type of support).
04-06-2013 02:54 AM
 Search   Quote 
Witta1933 Offline

Thank you for the clarification. I now understand that it is response time.
04-06-2013 03:49 AM
 Search   Quote 
IISIREII Offline

I have two bases next to one another. Each one of these bases has a "Skystrike Support" building. I have set "Base-1" support "Base-2" and vice versa. You had said "If you have two players (or two of your own bases) calibrated on each other and one is attacked, it will get one support instantly (already calibrated) and one in 30s (own support) regardless of distance." I had watched every replay when the "Forgotten" had attacked me, and I have not seen the attackers (Forgotten) consume any damage from my skystrike buildings, but the attackers only received damage from my defenders. Are my buildings not working, or should I set these buildings back to default? Any help would be appreciated.

I also have another question about these support buildings and what I read about them. I have read that the building supports alerted allies, or the owner's other bases. My question is, can I have a Skystrike Support in one base and an Ion Cannon in the other, and still have my two bases protected by these two support buildings at the same time? Meaning if the Forgotten attacks my "Base-A" then the attackers will be struck with the Skystrike Support and with the Ion Cannon at the same time.
10-03-2017 11:24 AM
 Search   Quote 
WildFothermucker Offline

(10-03-2017 11:24 AM)IISIREII Wrote:  I have two bases next to one another. Each one of these bases has a "Skystrike Support" building. I have set "Base-1" support "Base-2" and vice versa. You had said "If you have two players (or two of your own bases) calibrated on each other and one is attacked, it will get one support instantly (already calibrated) and one in 30s (own support) regardless of distance." I had watched every replay when the "Forgotten" had attacked me, and I have not seen the attackers (Forgotten) consume any damage from my skystrike buildings, but the attackers only received damage from my defenders. Are my buildings not working, or should I set these buildings back to default? Any help would be appreciated.

When the level differense between your support weapon and the forgotten units (+-1 of the base/op/camp lvl) that are atttacking is more than 15lvls it wont do any damage at all.

But honestly, support weapons isnt any good against the forgotten, mainly because of two reasons:
- Its too expencive to keep it at a high enough lvl to actually do some good damage on attack from bases.
- Most of the time you only standig in 1 wave and only get attacked 1 time each time. So you only have one support weapon defending you when you get attacked, but isnt doing much damage cus of the high lvl differense.

Support weapon is for PVP when you get several attacks when they try to kill your base. Then support from alliance bases will start calibrating automatically on your base and can have great damage on 3rd/4th attack.

Quote: I also have another question about these support buildings and what I read about them. I have read that the building supports alerted allies, or the owner's other bases. My question is, can I have a Skystrike Support in one base and an Ion Cannon in the other, and still have my two bases protected by these two support buildings at the same time? Meaning if the Forgotten attacks my "Base-A" then the attackers will be struck with the Skystrike Support and with the Ion Cannon at the same time.
Only one of your bases if not the bases is alerted. When the base is alerted all the support from your alliance that are in range will automatically start calibrating on your base. A base is alerted straight away when it gets attacked and will stay alerted until all the defensive units have fully repeared to 100% again.
12-03-2017 03:28 PM
 Search   Quote 
IISIREII Offline

Thanks for the response. I understand now on how these support buildings work...thanks.
13-03-2017 08:37 PM
 Search   Quote