Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.2 Average
Patchnotes March 2013
EA_birdhouse
Unregistered

Patchnotes March 2013
[UPDATE]Stage 2 of our March-Patch will hit the Servers tomorrow, Thursday, 21st of March, at 8am UTC.

All remaining English Worlds will be patched in this Stage.

Stage 1 completed.[UPDATE]

Introduction of two new localized servers:

Because of our ever-evolving community (thank you very much), we will enhance our reach to Arabic and the first Asian region:

New localized servers available for:
• Arabian regions
• Indonesian region

Unit Upgrades:

Community suggestion:

Garrison
Because we are always aware of the feedback and suggestions from our community, we have included new unit upgrades, as suggested by the community. As C&C veterans will know, there have always been transport units, which can carry/transport infantry units across the battlefield. Therefore we have decided to remain faithful to former C&C-titles and take heed of your suggestions. This is what you can expect from this new upgrade feature:

• Units with this upgrade are now allowed to carry/transport one infantry unit.
• Garrison will be available to both factions for both Offense and Defense.
• Units getting the upgrade:
GDI: Guardian, for Offense and Defense
Nod: Reckoner, for Offense and Defense

General information about Garrison:
Both types (Off/Def):

• The garrisoned unit will not shoot until it is deployed on the battlefield
• The garrisoned unit and the vehicle will not share HP. That means, if the vehicle is destroyed, the garrisoned unit will be placed with its own HP from the start of the combat.
• Garrisoned units will take no damage, not even support damage.
• If the vehicle is destroyed, the garrisoned unit will be placed with its HP from the start of the combat.
• If the vehicle becomes disabled, the garrisoned unit will also be disabled.
• Stealth units will be deployed in stealth and will only lose stealth when there is a primary target nearby (as per the usual rules for Stealth in normal combat).

Offense:
• You can move your unit in and out of the vehicle in combat preparation and not only in the army view of your base.

• If the vehicle reaches the first row of the base area, it will initiate the deployment of the garrisoned unit.
• Once the vehicle reaches the second row, the garrisoned unit will be deployed behind it, in the first row.
• However, if the vehicle has run out of ammunition, it will be removed from the battlefield and the garrisoned unit will be deployed at the vehicle's previous location.

All the new content is already in final QA-testing.
I will update this post as soon as a Patchdate and -time is available.

cheers

EA_birdhouse
19-03-2013 11:29 AM
CCCal Offline

RE: Patchnotes March 2013
guardian with snipers? super infantry killing combo?

other than that, I'm not sure if this method will turn the tides of a battle.
Hoping for more upgrades!
19-03-2013 11:40 AM
 Search 
FRISH Offline
Posting Freak

Sounds good Big Grin

(19-03-2013 11:29 AM)EA_birdhouse Wrote:  • Once the vehicle reaches the second row, the garrisoned unit will be deployed behind it, in the first row.

Is this in the base area rather than defence area?

Also do guardians/reckoners still stop within 1.5 range of infantry regardless of the unit inside? Is there any combat boost to units inside, out of curiosity?

[Image: utEo2eW.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2013 11:52 AM by FRISH.)
19-03-2013 11:52 AM
 Search 
sameer Offline

Nice upgrade. I am glad to see a familiar feature from other CNC games Smile
19-03-2013 12:06 PM
 Search 
domaschka2012 Offline

Bitte Patch-Note auf Deutsch. Thx.
19-03-2013 12:28 PM
 Search 
8997 Offline
Dinginator

Few things that I don't understand....Can the unit only be deployed at the start of the base area, or is it deployed earlier? The reason for the question is that GDI Riflemen have the Smoke Grenade Upgrade, and I was wondering if garrisoning the Riflemen in a Guardian would render the Smoke Grenade ability useless, or would it still be able to disable structures?

Also I think this has already been asked, but what about different ranged units, i.e Guardian = 1.5, but sniper = 2.5, can the sniper still shoot 2.5 when garrisoned? Can it shoot at all?

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2013 02:40 PM by 8997.)
19-03-2013 02:39 PM
 Search 
EA_birdhouse
Unregistered

Hello all,

the unit inside the vehicle, will not shoot or using its upgrade.
The unit cannot be deployed by the player itself. It will be deployed in the Base-Area, if the Guardian/Reckoner is able to reach the Base-Area. The Unit will be deployed, when the Guardian/Reckoner got destroyed, before entering the Base-Area.

cheers

EA_birdhouse
19-03-2013 02:55 PM
FRISH Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks for the clarification. It appears of limited use imo though. Ofc we'd need to try it out, but you lose an offensive unit unless you aim to suicide it which isn't good for repair time. It seems mostly of use for commando rushing. At least it's a more unique upgrade though, I just wanted a little more functionality Big Grin. It was also nice to see notes up early (compared to the patches for a while now)

[Image: utEo2eW.jpg]
19-03-2013 03:26 PM
 Search 
EA_birdhouse
Unregistered

Yes, I read all the posts about early postings of "what´s coming next".
Therefore as far as I got all information, I shot them out to you.

cheers

EA_birdhouse
19-03-2013 03:34 PM
OldBaldyOne Offline

Garrison sounds more like a way to give the simulator folks headaches Smile Seems like an interesting upgrade.

Here is an easy upgrade that will be more useful than the "slowly spreading fog" for moving bases they put in. Put in a visual indicator if you are exerting influence over a tunnel from a specific base. That would be awesome.
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2013 04:18 PM by OldBaldyOne.)
19-03-2013 04:08 PM
 Search