Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
API User Wishes
Topper42 Offline
Developer

API User Wishes
Hi guys,
Because there are quite a lot of people out there that are scripting, i will give them/you the opportunity to speak out your wishes for new API features.

I will discuss the most wanted features and check if we can implement it.

So lets go and tell us what you want. Wink

I will add every new wish into this post(probably make it a poll):

Please suggest only stuff for the API, which can be used by other scripts
I will ignore every other wish that involves changing the game in any kind, this includes game machanics or ui.

Wish list:
- GetCityLoot function for a city/battle
- Send resources from all bases to current one
- Calculate average upgrade cost of current army/defence/base areas
- Calculate cost of upgrade to a specified level of selected building. For example I need 3 millions of green and 2 millions of energy to get 20th lvl or Power Plant (numbers are for example)
- Upgrade all buildings on base/defence/offense areas in a small window near base view instead an dedicated menu under buttons. Make it looks like stats window for Combat Simulator, but just near base-view window
- Add script that will show research cost for unit upgrades. Right now you can't see upgrade cost untill researching the unit itself. I had a moment like I wanted to get a stealth Specter, but it's more expensive, than Commando.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 07:52 PM by Topper42.)
11-01-2013 10:15 AM
 Search   Quote 
eferz98 Offline
Posting Freak

RE: API User Wishes
Is it possible to add the ability to add a way to parse the values for ranking pages of the alliance bonuses without the use of obfuscated code? One of the most complicated systems to understand is the alliance bonus system because the relative data for changes in the alliance bonus are spread out under two separate areas; the alliance tab and the ranking tab.

[Image: uyBZ1.jpg]

More importantly, it is impossible for the average user to know in-game what the lower threshold of each tier because it is NOT shown in alliance bonuses. Only the upper limit is known for the next increase is displayed. The only place this information is available is in this post.

There is also a bug which QA is unwilling to acknowledge. I have reported over six times in the span of three months. They show nothing but apathy because they claim it cannot be reproduced in their test environment, yet it is a prevalent problem in the existing worlds in production. This issue involves the in-game calculations for the POIs tooltips which are 5 or more levels lower than the highest controlled. Sometimes the algorithm inappropriately assumes there's going to be a multiplier change. This ends up causing players to see different results when occupying/leaving them.

Because the system is so poorly explained and full of bugs, users have been opening countless threads about bugs in these calculations. It would be handy if a third-party developer has access to this data in order to create a user script to explain the system better, provide a check against suspect information in the POI tooltips, and even provide helpful tips to the users.

[Image: I6Xeh.gif][Image: ho5UK.jpg]
11-01-2013 05:24 PM
 Search   Quote 
Nexistor Offline

My wishes:

* Send resources from all bases to current one
* Calculate average upgrade cost of current army/defence/base areas
* Calculate cost of upgrade to a specified level of selected building. For example I need 3 millions of green and 2 millions of energy to get 20th lvl or Power Plant (numbers are for example)
* Upgrade all buildings on base/defence/offense areas in a small window near base view instead an dedicated menu under buttons. Make it looks like stats window for Combat Simulator, but just near base-view window
* Add script that will show research cost for unit upgrades. Right now you can't see upgrade cost untill researching the unit itself. I had a moment like I wanted to get a stealth Specter, but it's more expensive, than Commando.
* Allow to change color of all buttons from blue/red to purple/green/black? Or just start with switching colors? Like blue for Nod and red for GDI?
* Allow to enlarge by width main combat/baseview window?
* Try to redesign the world into Tiberian Sun apocalyptic looking? Like more darker, less saturated and closer to tiberian sun style?
* Try to make night in game? By making everything more contrast, darker and greenier (or with blue tint at blue outposts/camps)?
11-01-2013 06:08 PM
 Search   Quote 
Peluski17 Offline

I agree with Eferz above...I am the POI officer for my alliance on World 52 and I have noticed this bug several times. It will also be good to have more information visible showing how everything is calculated. I do have a spreadsheet and it is right on the money because of the information found in the post Eferz mentions, but the information is hard to come by.

Minor: A more direct way of calculating the amount of resources that can be obtained from a city instead of having to cycle through each unit. Like getLootableResources() and it returns an array. Including the amount from a simulation (I think you said you had already updated the script to do this?)

Major: The ability to repair one unit at a time in the AttackSetupBar. Currently, after a combat round a player can only Repair All from this menu and must go to the other offensive screen (the recruiting screen) to repair one at a time. I am trying to come up with a way to do this that's more roundabout, but not sure if I will get the outcome I am looking for.

I'm sure I can think of more, but these are the two that pop up first.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 05:59 PM by Peluski17.)
11-01-2013 06:08 PM
 Search   Quote 
Topper42 Offline
Developer

FIRST: This thread is about helping the scripters to make their scripts more patch resistant and maybe enabled them to add new features.

POI:
I'am aware of the POI tooltip bug, and good news i had some days to go over the code again and i found the bug. It was quite hard to reproduce it because it doesn't take the score of the next and previos alliance of the same poi type, it took instead the score of the same alliance of the previous and the next poi type.

Example:
Tiberium <-- previous score
Crystal <-- wanted information
Power <-- next score

The good part is i fixed it internally already. i have no idea what i was on while coding this, my apologies Sad.

The information of the poi level is present in the game and can be accessed by any script as far as i know, so feel free to script something that does it for you. I'am happy to assit.

@ Nexistor
Some wishes are ok but most stuff isn't related to the API.

@ Peluski17
The loot function for a city is no problem i guess. But the single repair stuff is a new game feature which is not related to the API.
11-01-2013 07:30 PM
 Search   Quote 
palogamers Offline

Nice attention, tis is the kind of behaviour that we want for the suggestion forum, to let us know we aren't shouting in the middle of nowhere, keep up this way
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 10:37 PM by palogamers.)
21-01-2013 10:36 PM
 Search   Quote 
Chiantii Offline

Hey Topper - I figured I'd follow forum convention and post this here. In the other post, I asked about animating a structure or unit, and you responded indicating you guys use your own custom classes to do so. You also suggested that it would be difficult for one of us to write our own version.

Therefor, while I'm still going to give it a shot, I'd like to request that an API be added for this purpose. For instance:

Code:
this._foo = ClientLib.File.FileManager.GetInstance().GetAnimatedImage("buildings/gdi/moo");

Thanks, Topper Smile
15-06-2013 10:56 PM
 Search   Quote 
Topper42 Offline
Developer

(15-06-2013 10:56 PM)Chiantii Wrote:  Hey Topper - I figured I'd follow forum convention and post this here. In the other post, I asked about animating a structure or unit, and you responded indicating you guys use your own custom classes to do so. You also suggested that it would be difficult for one of us to write our own version.

Therefor, while I'm still going to give it a shot, I'd like to request that an API be added for this purpose. For instance:

Code:
this._foo = ClientLib.File.FileManager.GetInstance().GetAnimatedImage("buildings/gdi/moo");

Thanks, Topper Smile

Our effects are more complex than just an sprite sheet. They contain of multiple sprite sheet which are on different layers and have relative position in the effect and can get scaled over time, etc ...

Code:
ClientLib.Res.ResMain.GetInstance().GetGamedata().effects

There are all effects from the game in our data structure, but the properties are simplyfied.
16-06-2013 08:26 PM
 Search   Quote 
Nando28R Offline
Peace Brada

High camp/outpost indicator

It can be like a game of where's wally finding high level camps/ outposts
Be good if a script had ability to enter what level and higher wanted and they would glow/flash same as they do when mouse hovers over them.

Will assist visually to spot the camps want to attack
17-06-2013 02:40 AM
 Search   Quote 
Chiantii Offline

(16-06-2013 08:26 PM)Topper42 Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 10:56 PM)Chiantii Wrote:  Hey Topper - I figured I'd follow forum convention and post this here. In the other post, I asked about animating a structure or unit, and you responded indicating you guys use your own custom classes to do so. You also suggested that it would be difficult for one of us to write our own version.

Code:

Thanks, Topper Smile

Our effects are more complex than just an sprite sheet. They contain of multiple sprite sheet which are on different layers and have relative position in the effect and can get scaled over time, etc ...

Code:
ClientLib.Res.ResMain.GetInstance().GetGamedata().effects

There are all effects from the game in our data structure, but the properties are simplyfied.

Oh, trust me, I know. There is the _base image of the structure, then the sprite sheets for the various elements - like this one for a GDI accum: https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/cncallia...cdae02.png or this for a GDI Construction Yard: https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/cncallia...0bc67c.png . I also realize the construction yard needs the Radar sprite, among other things. Like the lower left corner of a GDI Power Plant being one of it's elements: https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/cncallia...3dfbfa.png

Either way, the final animated structure is being assembled by your code - so I figured you could create an API that returns that final "object", if at all possible. Just leave out the complexity of dynamic scaling if it makes things easier... make the size of the returned object one of the parameters, perhaps

Something like:

Code:
var foo = qx.ui.cncAnimated.Image(gdi/buildings/CnstrYrd", sizeModifier, etc);

Where a size modifier of '0.9' would return the animated image, only 90% of it's normal size.

Obviously not an emergency. However, since what we see as an image is already being built somewhere in ClientLib (layers sprites keyframes and all), I figure the final "structure" could be returned as a widget we can .add
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 06:23 AM by Chiantii.)
17-06-2013 03:15 AM
 Search   Quote