Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.83 Average
Official API Interface for 3rd party scripts/simulate tools
DungleBud Offline

RE: Official API Interface for 3rd party scripts/simulate tools
No more spending money on funds until simulator functions properly.

thanks for nothing EA.
07-08-2012 03:03 PM
 Search   Quote 
Leon1008 Offline

(07-08-2012 02:57 PM)Solkanarii Wrote:  I was about to stop playing this game until i found the sim, this was right after the "pro mode" ban (which was imo a good move)
Sim made the game a lot more enjoyable, more tactical and chess like without being excessively time consuming, it was perfect and u broke it.

I've had exactly the same experience. I would not be even here anymore if not for simulator tools. As cravis411 has already nicely summed it up, without full featured simulator, now it's just "pay, pray and spray" game. It seems that either EA's financial advisers or game developers are out of touch with reality, as they apparently think that this move will bring them more money by losing players.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 03:15 PM by Leon1008.)
07-08-2012 03:13 PM
 Search   Quote 
Friedmans Offline

EA you are missing the point

A HUGE number of players used the simulator and constantly stated that it made the game better and want to continue with the stats but you have removed them?

Have you explained why specfic changes have been made? (rhiordd's post does not)

Why did you remove the Stats?

Did the patch improve the user experience?

Where the changes discussed in advance?

Did the users get what asked for?

Is the simulator available to all or do you need additional skills to install and use it?
07-08-2012 03:28 PM
 Search   Quote 
Leon1008 Offline

(07-08-2012 03:28 PM)Friedmans Wrote:  EA you are missing the point

They definitely are! Tongue

[Image: ERTS_2.jpg.jpg]

Subtract 12$ more and you will be able to use their shares as a free cup coaster.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 03:36 PM by Leon1008.)
07-08-2012 03:30 PM
 Search   Quote 
MLM-NL Offline
C&C:TA Community Moderator (EN, NL)

Sidenote: This is all 3rd party development, CombatSim is not (and was never) directly supported by Phenomic or EA.

Phenomic even provides an API specifically for sim-scripts (to make that relatively easy while they could've just ignored developers). The only limitation is that you can only sim once every 10s to keep server loads acceptable. If there is a specific shortcoming of the API, script developers can try to contact rhiordd (who posted this thread originally).

Don't know what else to say in this thread. It appears to me to be up to 3rd party guys to use the provided API
07-08-2012 04:00 PM
 Search   Quote 
qwertyuiopo Offline

What is with this new crapy simluator ? all the features like the stats, player controls, everything is gone ? why do you have to mess it all up for players ?
07-08-2012 04:01 PM
 Search   Quote 
Redsting13 Offline

If at least the tools dont come back for the simulator then i quit. I already talked to my alliance and most of them said they are going to too. This was a stupid move on your part EA. If its not back, you will see many players leave. I know im not spending anymore money until this gets resolved.

Guessing how the attack goes, watching the sim, wasting cp and rt is a time drain. I play this so that I am not online for 10 hrs a day. With the limitations, it would make me have to be on 10 hrs a day and i will quit before that happens.

Way to mess something else up EA.
07-08-2012 04:05 PM
 Search   Quote 
Ethereal_Phoenix Offline

After removing the "tools" function from the simulator it is pretty much useless now. The game was barely viable even with it due to the ridiculous repair times. EA do you really think people will enjoy spending all their CP and RT on a base only to fail miserably and make even less progress than now? I'm ranked in the top 50 on my server, so I know how to play. Congratulations on making this game even more crap. I'll be spending my money elsewhere from now on. Good day.
07-08-2012 04:05 PM
 Search   Quote 
Leon1008 Offline

(07-08-2012 04:00 PM)MLM-NL Wrote:  Phenomic even provides an API specifically for sim-scripts (to make that relatively easy while they could've just ignored developers).

They also relatively easily destroyed all the good things about the old simulator, leaving us with ludicrous, close to useless skeleton of its former glorious past which is beyond the power of fixing by script writers. I would rather prefer them to ban the sim all together than pretend that they care and cooperate with script developers. At least, I would not have to wait for their official statement on this issue, as I do now, and just quit once and for all, this "pay, pray, and spray" excuse for a "gaming experience" that this game has become for me, now.

I start to doubt that you have ever used simulator yourself. If you did, you would have known how many important features are missing now, and how pale the current "gaming experience" is in comparison with yesterday's.

Please, try to understand that this is for many of us a matter of staying or leaving the game all together. If you as a Community Moderator care at all about it, then please try to contact developers and hurry them up with the answer & solutions. Another Community Moderator AcerEleven has already committed himself to helping us in this matter. The question is whether you would like to be really helpful to us at this time, or not.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 04:44 PM by Leon1008.)
07-08-2012 04:31 PM
 Search   Quote 
jack3ddd Offline

A possible "middle ground" solution would be to change the absurd base recovery times. Every second matters after the first attack. A base regains 100% per 60 minutes, 10% per 6 minutes, 1% per 36 seconds. That makes a difference between 2 attacks or 3 attacks, and a 30 CP target, in total could be 60 or 90. Equivocally, that is 3 CP packages, 747 funds... Additionally, it could mean an extra 1-2 hours of repair time.... all of the above are the scarcer resources for a player. I would say start bases recovery after 10 minutes or maybe even an hour. That allows time to run simulations to ensure ample preparation time for a second attack. Additionally, it allows for an alliance to actually help each other and prepare for an attack after the first person attacked. Sure, repair times from the tools can be self-estimated but not having the 4.0 speed on replays really hurts.

But right now, planning and strategizing beyond the initial attack is difficult, with a gimped simulator, it's impossible. Having success makes the game fun, being totally defeated on an attack makes me discouraged and wanting to leave the game.

[Image: w32_1782_1a.png]
07-08-2012 04:59 PM
 Search   Quote