Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.83 Average
Official API Interface for 3rd party scripts/simulate tools
Leon1008 Offline

RE: Official API Interface for 3rd party scripts/simulate tools
I've got an answer from current simulator script writers regarding progress on updating the sim. The prognosis is really bad:

"@Leon1008 I haven't made any real progress with this and I'm just about ready to throw in the towel. Even if it were fixed, knowing that EA would just break it again with the next server update makes it all seem pointless."

The whole thread is here: http://userscripts.org/topics/114974?pag...sts-455648
07-08-2012 01:27 PM
 Search   Quote 
TheCommander365 Offline

I have 10k EA points I purchased, is there any way to refund them if EA continue to break the sim? It's a completely different game having to guess how an attack is going to go. I play this at work and need to jump to the C&C tab, sim an attack (quickly), launch it, and then go back to something work related. Watching the sim in real time makes the game unplayable. Not having the tools button in the sim makes the game unplayable.
I'm not one to moan over stuff like this, it's up to the devs how they want their game played, but I can't take any further part if it stays like this.
07-08-2012 02:09 PM
 Search   Quote 
idiotjaevel Offline

Such a shame, end game and level 50 bases and no sim? Who is going to pay money for that?? I spent allready to much on this game..... Thanks for nothing EA !!!!!
07-08-2012 02:20 PM
 Search   Quote 
cravis411 Offline

EA and Phenomic continue to ruin this game. No one with any kind of life can fine-tune an attack by watching an entire sim play out in real time! Has your greed for money completely blinded you to making a game that's fun and enjoyable to play? Do you honestly think we have the time to run sims between attacks on forgotten bases that recover hit points so quickly?! Outrageous!

I was considering buying more funds, but it would be, in my humble opinion, a complete waste of my limited time and energy. I have little free time to spend on this game, as I'm sure is the same with many other players here, and the pay, pray and spray mentality that is being asked of us is totally unacceptable.

I hope changes in revenue generated from this game and increasingly inactive accounts will force those in charge to realize that a game must be fun first, and not a chore.

NB: All this is said with the same love for this game that I had when I started playing months ago. I'd still like to see this game succeed. The devs seem to know what's needed to maintain interest in a game. It just doesn't make sense that so many things get worse with each update.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 02:46 PM by cravis411.)
07-08-2012 02:33 PM
 Search   Quote 
TheMastahRiz Offline

UPDATE:
Thank God the sim was fixed.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/20...s-crashed/
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 07:45 AM by TheMastahRiz.)
07-08-2012 02:39 PM
 Search   Quote 
Flopstwo Offline

please roll back changes to simulator or if you want to change the tools option have it so you can get a report after running simulation this would be outside your 10 second refresh window
07-08-2012 02:47 PM
 Search   Quote 
Solkanarii Offline

To me its quite simple, no working sim with tools and speed = no more money for EA

I was about to stop playing this game until i found the sim, this was right after the "pro mode" ban (which was imo a good move)
Sim made the game a lot more enjoyable, more tactical and chess like without being excessively time consuming, it was perfect and u broke it.

If it works, dont break it.

Ill play for now since i still have a few funds to spend, when they run out and if EA does not support/restore the old functionality of the sim, ill take my money elsewhere, there are after 13483148 webgames out there.
07-08-2012 02:57 PM
 Search   Quote 
zydronad Offline

+1
what the heck, again messing up the ONE thing that makes this whole game worthwhile in the long run?! seriously, other companies will eventually top u.
07-08-2012 02:57 PM
 Search   Quote 
zydronad Offline

(07-08-2012 02:33 PM)cravis411 Wrote:  EA and Phenomic continue to ruin this game. No one with any kind of life can fine-tune an attack by watching an entire sim play out in real time! Has your greed for money completely blinded you to making a game that's fun and enjoyable to play? Do you honestly think we have the time to run sims between attacks on forgotten bases that recover hit points so quickly?! Outrageous!

I was considering buying more funds, but it would be, in my humble opinion, a complete waste of my limited time and energy. I have little free time to spend on this game, as I'm sure is the same with many other players here, and the pay, pray and spray mentality that is being asked of us is totally unacceptable.

I hope changes in revenue generated from this game and increasingly inactive accounts will force those in charge to realize that a game must be fun first, and not a chore.

NB: All this is said with the same love for this game that I had when I started playing months ago. I'd still like to see this game succeed. The devs seem to know what's needed to maintain interest in a game. It just doesn't make sense that so many things get worse with each update.

could not hv written it better - same here!!
07-08-2012 03:01 PM
 Search   Quote 
zydronad Offline

(07-08-2012 02:57 PM)Solkanarii Wrote:  To me its quite simple, no working sim with tools and speed = no more money for EA

I was about to stop playing this game until i found the sim, this was right after the "pro mode" ban (which was imo a good move)
Sim made the game a lot more enjoyable, more tactical and chess like without being excessively time consuming, it was perfect and u broke it.

If it works, dont break it.

Ill play for now since i still have a few funds to spend, when they run out and if EA does not support/restore the old functionality of the sim, ill take my money elsewhere, there are after 13483148 webgames out there.

and another one, totally reflecting my outrage.. sry EA, i may just ask cash back.
07-08-2012 03:02 PM
 Search   Quote