Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Forum

Full Version: [*] Combat Simulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
In my opinion all kinds of scripts and tools should be banned. Scripts aren't used in the PC CNCs. Not even in CNC4. It is all about strategy and using your own head. If you want simulator scripts, why don't you just program a full AI system that plays the game for you?
(06-06-2012 04:45 PM)Skyther Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there

The simulator script was considered as a development-tool and was never intended to be given into the player´s hands. Well, after the players have re-activated it, many people in our community considered the simulator as a cheat.
Because of that, we have changed the script. You can still use it, but it will show slightly modified results. So, the use of this tool is highly questionable.

Greetings,
Skyther

Do I unterstand this posting correctly? It is allowed to use this Battle Simulator for now?!
Personaly i would like to see more surprices in enemy bases, It's very C&C-like to see what you are attacking.
But it would be fun if Nod had some "Stealth" defences for instance that you can't see before you attack a base.
and GDI could have something similiar like the "mirage-tank"(or something) that unit that was visible as a tree.(could be woods, oil, swamp or scrub)

It would make it harder to attack tactical on PVP but i think it's way to easy now anyway, should be a limited unit though Tongue

Sorry if i get off-topic, just came to my mind, while i read this thread
This tool is a wonderful addition.
well if the repair time is not so insanely high we wont be forced to use such a tool
I know the developers have a 100% hands-off policy when it comes to the community, but it would be very nice if they could weigh in on this, and see if they want to do something about it.

You can't just do nothing, in this case it's not a viable choice, then again that's all they really do when it comes to us anyways.
(08-06-2012 04:39 PM)ajurjens Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion all kinds of scripts and tools should be banned. Scripts aren't used in the PC CNCs.

But they are in any other browser game. Since this CnC is the first browser game in the series I think there is no way in stopping it.
(08-06-2012 04:24 PM)Mooffs Wrote: [ -> ]So if one does program an instawin button or a working moneyhack - as long as no one does say it's forbidden it's not cheating?

Wow. Amazing.

That aside Phenomic removed numerous threads and links to said tool and modified it in a way to make it useless.

Just saw in another thread - not only a simulator is out, but even an optimizer, which of course is clearly a cheat.

Except that resource hacks are stated as forbidden and simulators I don't think are? The simulator is a great tool that should be allowed, the optimiser part is questionable though even if it is awesome. That said, it would be useful if phenomic didnt require us to level our repair facilities many levels higher just to have half decent repair time.
(09-06-2012 10:45 AM)FRISH Wrote: [ -> ]Except that resource hacks are stated as forbidden and simulators I don't think are?

The "Resource Hack" isn't real as it only alters the clients display of resources. The changes do not actually get save to the server. You get a "Fail-1" code if you try to overspend any amount that server authenticated as earned. Meanwhile, the trojan process embedded into the "tool" is stealing your account credentials and not just for your EA/Origin account.
I thought we were talking about a theoretical working credits hack with him saying if one actually worked that it wouldn't be a cheat unless someone stated. Which I said that it'd probably stated that it is a cheat, but the combat simulator isn't. The Pro mode is the very questionable one, the default mode though I think adds to the game and still requires strategy (perhaps moreso). Also I dont know what phenomic think of him allowing donations and if it's legal or not. But you can't really determine what is a cheat unless it's defined as a cheat, even if it's obvious. I also don't know how other simulators for other games work though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's