Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Forum

Full Version: Any point in using the Skystrike Cannon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A whooping 5% damage to infantry units of the same level, while one of my MG nests noms them down in 2 seconds.

I'm not sure if it's worth it one base slot that I could've used a tib harvester for instead.

Is it the same with the Ion Cannon & the Falcon Support?
Ion Cannon And Falcon Support are better.

And they are worth it, because they can support your alliance and vice versa.
(27-03-2012 07:59 PM)Rogueleader00 Wrote: [ -> ]Ion Cannon And Falcon Support are better.

And they are worth it, because they can support your alliance and vice versa.

I agree, the Ion Cannon is a must replacement for Skyfire Support. Although you lose 1% damage to infantry you gain double damage on vehicles. And there's a mission objective to have researched both Ion Cannon and Falcon Support anyways.

Skyfire: 5% Infanty, 3% Vehicles
Ion Can: 4% Infanty, 6% Vehicles
Falcon: 8% Aircraft

(27-03-2012 07:56 PM)Sturmtiger_304 Wrote: [ -> ]A whooping 5% damage to infantry units of the same level, while one of my MG nests noms them down in 2 seconds.

The support structures; Skyfire Strike, Ion Cannon, and Falcon Support are best implemented with multiple bases, like in an well populated alliance territory. The percentage is small for a single base but it compounds with additional bases. It a must have for structure for responsible alliance members since it inflicts +damage (which reduces attackers damage output) before the they even get to your defensive line.
Oh, I didn't know it stacks. Thanks for the answers.
I personally dont think theyre worth it. The damage is minimal. Use your build slot for something worthwhile.
I was thining about this and if you have 6 Alliance members in a tight group all within range of eachother then you could have 2 x each building...
this would result in quite a good start to any defence espically if it is stacking!

e.g. that would be at best something like:

Infantry takes 9% damage before start
Vehicles takes 9% damage before start
Aircraft takes 8% damage before start

That also reduces the damage output of the attacking forces so if you are similar levels and you have a half decent defence then you would put money on the defender winning every time.
(28-03-2012 03:58 PM)Deadringers Wrote: [ -> ]I was thining about this and if you have 6 Alliance members in a tight group all within range of eachother then you could have 2 x each building...
this would result in quite a good start to any defence espically if it is stacking!

e.g. that would be at best something like:

Infantry takes 9% damage before start
Vehicles takes 9% damage before start
Aircraft takes 8% damage before start

That also reduces the damage output of the attacking forces so if you are similar levels and you have a half decent defence then you would put money on the defender winning every time.

Where exactly did you get the 8 and 9% are you accounting for 6 different bases to neglect upgrading their support structures? I'm pretty sure if you had six players with equal level support structures with 2 of each assigned then it would be 18% and 16% distributed on the unit type. Or if you all had equal level ion cannons for all six then it would be 24% infantry and 36% Vehicles against the same level attacker.
If you take out a base in 2 hits or less, you only have to deal with the local support assuming they haven't all calibrated on your target well in advance of your attacks.
I'll share a recent experience

Recently my alliance was at war with another alliance. I was attacked and survived his first attack. Immediatly 15 allied bases began support calibration

Within 2 minutes 6 bases had callibrated with the others in progress. Luckily he must have been a few CP shy because he waited about 5 minutes to attack allowing 12 / 15 to calibrate.

Suffice to say his attack force was brough into the red before it even hit my defense line.....the weapons stack and can do horrific damage to enemies.

-Matthew
Reference URL's