Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Forum

Full Version: [*] Tunnel Exits, Outposts and Camp Spawns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
i have the feeling that -3/+3 offense (intrudced with last patch) level is not working. its seems more like -1/+3.
can i have some feedback on this?
Because it is.
Quote:o The offense level of a base impacts the level of the Forgotten camps and outpost spawning in it vicinity. Camps spawn at -1 to +3 of your offence level (used to be -2/+2 of the command center or offense level). Outposts start to spawn as soon as the offence level of bases next to it are 3 levels below the level of the tunnel exit or higher (used to be 2 levels below or higher).

The 2nd bit means a L13 offensive will not activate a L17 tunnel but a L14 should. However the actual outpost levels will be L13-17 initially.
Outposts do spawn when your offensive level is within 3 levels of the Tunnel Exit.
i know whats written in the patchnotes. but i have other experiences.
my 2nd base, offense lvl 17.xx doesnt seem to trigger lvl 19 exits.

to be sure, i just relocated to any lonesome, empty lvl 19 exit. ill wait and watch..
The actual outposts can appear as much as 8 fields from the tunnel, well outside your control area for a single base.
There is something fishy going on... This is almost day three with not a single outpost spawned, and they were spawning just fine a while ago... even lvl24. Now, there is nothing in a wide radius???
They spawn quite slowly especially if you are the only one near the Outpost, but they do spawn. If you have a second army or Alliance members with the correct offensive level to trigger the spawns, ask them to relocate near the Tunnel Exit, as 1 base will never be enough if you are expecting them to appear as quickly as Camps do.

Its also been suggested that the closer your offensive level is to the level of the Tunnel Exit, the quicker they will spawn.
Am I the only one experiencing problems with the way outposts are supposed to spawn?

I mean I have 2 armies whose offense level are 20 and 21 and both are sitting next to a lvl22 tunnel exit, but I haven't seen a single lvl23 outpost spawn...

The patchnotes says: Outposts start to spawn as soon as the offence level of bases next to it are 3 levels below the level of the tunnel exit or higher (used to be 2 levels below or higher).

So why is it not working? If you have a lvl-X tunnel, what levels will the outposts be?
Do you have lower level players next to? They will hold you down and affect the camp/outpost levels. It's best to destroy the weak before they end up pulling you down with them.

edit: and it's your base level i think, not your army levels
(12-05-2012 01:00 AM)GrubStomper Wrote: [ -> ]edit: and it's your base level i think, not your army levels

It is your offensive (army) level, it even says it in the patchnote he pasted Wink

Outposts are slow to spawn, and much slower than Camps. The best solution is to ask other Alliance members (with the correct offensive level) to relocate near the Tunnel Exits to help speed up the spawns. The more players which can trigger the spawns, the more you will see over time.

If you cant ask members to relocate near the Tunnel exit, another good tip is to look for a cluster of 2-3 Tunnel Exits within close proximity to each other, then position yourself between them.

As for the actual levels of the spawning Outposts, im next to a level 23 Tunnel Exit and it looks like they can spawn 3 levels below and 2 levels above as ive seen level 20-24 Outposts regularly, but only 1 level 25 in roughly 2 weeks. Your offensive level may also play a part in how high the Outposts level can spawn, but im not certain about this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Reference URL's