Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Forum

Full Version: Forgotten Spawns and Stealth Unit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Questions in regards to Forgotten Spawns and Nod Stealth Units:

Are the Forgotten Outposts and Camps that spawn around your base spawn a level based on your Base Level, Player Score, or Offense Level? At one point I thought the outposts and camps were spawning a higher level because my base level was higher but now I am not so sure. If the answer is neither of those, what is it baised off of? Someone in another thread claimed the level of the Command Center determined this but if this is true the camps and outposts I am attacking have yet to match the level or higher of my Command Center. (More than 30 battles with my Command Center being higher than the Base Level and the rest of my buildings)

My next question is about the Nod Stealth Units, what unit or building damage do they specialize against? Do the units re-stealth if they attack and kill one group of unit, move a couple rows and then un-stealth and attack again? Do you recommend buying them for offense?

Regards,
T86157
(13-07-2012 04:24 AM)T86157 Wrote: [ -> ]Are the Forgotten Outposts and Camps that spawn around your base spawn a level based on your Base Level, Player Score, or Offense Level?

The camps will spawn within a three level range based on the rating of your offense. Outposts are triggered by a nearby base whose offense rating is within +/- 6 levels of the Tunnel Exits.

(13-07-2012 04:24 AM)T86157 Wrote: [ -> ]My next question is about the Nod Stealth Units, what unit or building damage do they specialize against?

Well, stealth is an upgrade to the existing units. So, they would still retain their original specialization. Militants are specialize against Infantry. Both the Specter and the Commando specialize against structures.

(13-07-2012 04:24 AM)T86157 Wrote: [ -> ]Do the units re-stealth if they attack and kill one group of unit, move a
couple rows and then un-stealth and attack again?

No.

(13-07-2012 04:24 AM)T86157 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you recommend buying them for offense?

Some upgrades are debatable and depends on your play style. Some people don't like the fact that militants can no longer bait other infantry units while under stealth. I don't have a single Specter in my Nod army, so purchasing stealth for it was pointless. Though, I bought it anyways because I had a surplus of credits and research points. However, stealth for the Commando units is undeniably most useful albeit most expensive upgrade.
Thanks, eferz98. I have another question that I cannot find the answer to:

What determines how much time it takes to repair *all* vehicles, buildings, defensive buildings, etc. if the repair building (such as war factory) stays at the same level? For example a level 13 war factory, which I never upgrade, but I upgrade the command center. Now I can have a larger quantity of offensive units and an opportunity to upgrade all of my vehicles one more level. Does the level of the unit/building or the quantity of the type of unit/building determine the repair *all* unit/building?
In either case, how much does it increment by each quantity/upgrade?
(15-07-2012 07:58 PM)T86157 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, eferz98. I have another question that I cannot find the answer to:

What determines how much time it takes to repair *all* vehicles, buildings, defensive buildings, etc. if the repair building (such as war factory) stays at the same level? For example a level 13 war factory, which I never upgrade, but I upgrade the command center. Now I can have a larger quantity of offensive units and an opportunity to upgrade all of my vehicles one more level. Does the level of the unit/building or the quantity of the type of unit/building determine the repair *all* unit/building?
In either case, how much does it increment by each quantity/upgrade?

Repair costs per unit on offense is based on the army point consumption, unit type, level of the unit[s], and level of their respective repair structures. For example, four Riflemen (20 points) would use the same repair time as two Commandos (20 points as well). Infantry have the lowest repair times of the three offensive units, vehicles are in the middle, and aircraft have the highest per army point. Repair time for a unit type increases as you level up your units of that type. Leveling up your Factory/Barracks/Airfield will reduce your repair time for its associated unit type. Over time, your repair time will increase at a faster rate than your repair structures will decrease it, especially at later levels in the game. This is why it is important to keep your army structures a few levels above your army (to try to compensate for that exponential growth).

Defense behaves in much the same way, but with defensive structures taking the most repair time per defense point (instead of aircraft on offense). The overall costliest to repair defenses are by far the artillery vehicles, because they use 30 defense points each.

However, the repair time for base structures is different and depends on how tough the structure is. High-health structures like the Command Center take more repair time than weaker structures like Power Plants. Upgrading your Construction Yard will reduce repair times for both the base and the defense (this is extremely vital if you engage in player-vs-player combat).
Jeez, I am guessing the dev's did this for balance issues? Since you're saying infantry is least amount of repair time, it makes sense that they're not as effective as vehicles or air units partly due to range and damage output. However, the defense repair time does not seem justified. You could have a lot of bad luck and get your base destroyed, relocate and get your base destroyed again and never have an opportunity to fully repair your base; assuming you are not receiving defensive/retaliation support from anyone. Thanks for the information. The stickied guides in this forum category seem a bit outdated and need clarification on many issues. One that still bugs me is knowing if there is a way to re-accessing the in-game tutorial tips/hints. Every bit of new updated information helps me out as a new blood.

Regards, T86157
Another question I have:

Does a refinery need a powerplant and a tiberium (green) in order to produce cash? If not, what are the benefits of having more powerplants linked to a refinery versus multiple tiberium fields?
(22-07-2012 01:23 AM)T86157 Wrote: [ -> ]Another question I have:

Does a refinery need a powerplant and a tiberium (green) in order to produce cash? If not, what are the benefits of having more powerplants linked to a refinery versus multiple tiberium fields?

A Refinery needs a Power Plant to make continuous production. Tiberium Fields will provide a small boost of continuous income to each Refinery touching them, but this is quite a bit smaller than what is given by Power Plants. Ultimately, the best way to maximize Credits production is to connect each Refinery to one Power Plant (going over one PP doesn't give you much extra) and as many Tiberium Fields as possible.

EDIT: Eferz tried to ninja me but I beat him! Tongue

No, a refinery does not require to be near anything to produce credits. However, placing them next to a Power Plant and/or Tiberium field will enhance its production output.
(22-07-2012 01:40 AM)eferz98 Wrote: [ -> ]

No, a refinery does not require to be near anything to produce credits. However, placing them next to a Power Plant and/or Tiberium field will enhance its production output.

Is the only difference of having a power plant next to a Refinery is that a higher level power plant will provide more credit income in addition to upgrading the Refinery? For example, I have a Refinery next to 1 Tiberium field and 1 Power Plant. If I upgrade both the Power Plant and Refinery, would that be more beneficial than to upgrade a Refinery next to 2 Fiberium Fields and 0 Power Plants?

I assume that only upgrading the Refinery will increase the Bonus Package Production; the Power Plant and Tiberium Fields only affect continuous?
(22-07-2012 01:51 AM)T86157 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-07-2012 01:40 AM)eferz98 Wrote: [ -> ]

Is the only difference of having a power plant next to a Refinery is that a higher level power plant will provide more credit income in addition to upgrading the Refinery? For example, I have a Refinery next to 1 Tiberium field and 1 Power Plant. If I upgrade both the Power Plant and Refinery, would that be more beneficial than to upgrade a Refinery next to 2 Fiberium Fields and 0 Power Plants?

I assume that only upgrading the Refinery will increase the Bonus Package Production; the Power Plant and Tiberium Fields only affect continuous?

I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that Power Plants are more beneficial to Refs than Tiberium Fields are by a moderate degree. Your best bet is to connect each Refinery to one PP (more than one will only increase your continuous income by a small amount) and as many Tiberium Fields as possible. Try to have as many Refs as possible on each PP.

Upgrading the Refinery will increase both the continuous as well as package. Upgrading the PP will just increase the continuous. Upgrading a Tiberium Harvester touching a Ref will not increase Credits income of any kind.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's